7/13/09

Brown Rice

FOOD:

My friend Allison introduced me to some of her friends- Ryoko and MK and we all headed down to Harajuku for dinner together. Allison is a vegitarian, so her and I have bonded over the pathetic amount of meat free food they offer here in Tokyo.
Her friends discovered this place online, and told her about it since it offers meat free meals and she invited me along.
The place was right downtown Harajuku, on one of the famous side streets which wind around and lead you along residential buildings cozied up to shops and clothing stores.
See the clothing store right next to a house? its crazy!

I was pretty hungry by the time we got to Brown Rice, and super excited since Allison has proved to have awesome taste in food.

I ordered the bean curry, which had kidney beans in it! man I miss those. The rice was delicious and so was the side salad of seaweed.
This was my meal! It was pretty tiny, but holy hell was it filling.

We ordered a soup to share between us all. When it came we were all so excited! It was brimming with potato chunks, CHICK PEAS and corrot pits, a real nice stew. When we were eating is was completely silent... we were all obviously enjoying the food
yummy soup. allison i owe you one.


So if you know me at all you know that I obviously caved and bought a desert too. I ordered a peacan and cranberry (spelled "cramberry") tart. When it arrived we all couldn't help but laugh at little since it was about the size of a toonie. haha I guess thats what you get for 300 yen!


my tiny little tart.

It was such a great meal. I walked away so full I felt like I would have to nap on the train ride home. I love Harajuku, I love the people I've met here.

No comments:

Post a Comment