7/14/09

ナットわおいしい???はい!はい!


私わ朝ナットをたべます! ナット輪とてもおいしい!

So 'natto' (ナット)is a traditional Japanese side dish, usually eaten over rice. Its fermented soybeans, but as you can see from the photo, the texture of the fermented beans is that of stringy goo. I tried it at the beginning of my trip, and wretched, but its just so damn healthy! Since I'm a vegetarian in a very un-veggie diet friendly place, I sometimes worry about different sources of protein. natto is the answer to that fear. The beans are pure protein, and the dish is probably one of the most nutritious things I could eat.

Once I got over the snotty texture of the dish, I actually ended up liking it. This morning I put some mustard and some other sauce that it came with on the beans and this gave it some real flavor. If you find any ナット in Canada, I urge you to be adventurous and give it a shot! Its pretty strange at first, but it grows on you and like I've ranted- its pure health in a dish.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment